Saturday, February 2, 2008

Is New England Celebrating Too Soon?

The New England Patriots are the best team in NFL history.

Tom Brady is arguably one of the best quartebacks in NFL history.

Bill Belichick is arguably one of the best coaches in NFL history.

We have all heard this and much more from everyone and everyone, but are the Patriots, the New Englanders, and the rest of the country excluding New York. But the question remains…are

they celebrating too soon? The Super Bowl hasn’t even been played people. Although my faith is as strong as ever since I will remain a Giants fan till my last breath, I find it hard to believe that as the Super Bowl is so close, even New Yorkers are forgetting that the Giants are 3-0 in the playoffs and have beat team after team to get to the big game. The Giants have also come excruciatingly close to destroying the Patriots perfect season. Although we don’t have Randy Moss, and Dante Stallworth as wide receivers…we have more reliable ones in Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, we also have an amazing young tight end in Kevin Boss and a good wide receiver in Steve Smith.

We also have a few star players of our own. Who needs Tom Brady when we have Eli Manning…yes I know he hasn’t always been the most reliable, but in past games he has proved to himself and to Giants fans that he is the man to lead this team to a Super Bowl win. Our defensive line is all that worries me, but with Michael Strahan and Osi leading the charge I should not be as worried. The Patriots’ O-line looked stubborn as the Giants failed to penetrate it often. However, every now and then…if they wanted so bad they could taste it…they would get through with Strahan taking on 3 blockers at one time.

The upcoming Super Bowl should be an interesting one and I had hoped that everyone in New York was anticipating a surprising Giants showing. But I was astonished when I found one man told me that the Giants would get destroyed and lose by 59 points…Really guy? 59 point? Then I completely disregarded his comment because he revealed to me he was actually a Cowboy fan to my enjoyment about bringing up the Giants playoff win against them.

All I can say is keep your eyes glued to the screen during this Super Bowl…otherwise you will miss history in the making shattered by the will of the Giants.

Robbin Antony aka Sanjay

No comments: